Sunday, September 19, 2010

7 Days in September

The images in the documentary "7 Days in September" were devastating to say the least. I have seen a lot of footage from September 11th, but not ones like in the documentary. I have never seen footage so terrible on American soil, it was shocking. I was trying to picture what it would be like to live there, or what it would be like if that happened in Chicago and for me it is hard to see how the citizens of New York were not cowarding in fear all night and day. It amazed me how the city even six months later came together for support and for help. When they showed the cars that were lined up waiting to drop of donated supplies is when the courage of the city really hit me. New York did not let the extremest take anything important from them. Yes, they put their city in ruins but they did not break, instead they stood strong together. It amazes me how people change within a community in times of trouble. While patriotism seems at a loss sometimes it is good to know that there are always people there for support.

No comments:

Post a Comment